Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Experience it all

As I finally have time to sit down and write about my week at Miss Iowa, I first want to simply say 'thank you'. I could not be more thankful for the people I have in my life, every single person has impacted me in such a positive way. I am going to give my list of thank you's first and then I will show you what an amazing week I had.


First, thank you so much to my family. My mother especially, you have gone above and beyond to be the greatest woman in my life. You have showed me the footsteps to take, I have been honored to follow a great path you have provided. You helped me throughout each day to be prepared for Miss Iowa and I took away the greatest part of all: I am thankful for the experience. I may not be wearing the Miss Iowa crown but I surely carry the pride of giving my all and representing Muscatine with my entire heart. My sisters, you three have been nothing but supportive and loving through the whole process, you have made looking into the crowd have a meaning. I love nothing more than seeing my three best friends look up to me. Now, it's one of you three's turn! My grandparents, step grandparents, father, step dad, aunt& uncle, and also my best friends who came to watch me. Thank you, all of you have made my day each and every day. If I could put into words what it means to me to have you be by my side then I would give all the love and blessing to each of you. You all are wonderful and hold a special place in my heart.

Second, thank you to Kindra Plett and Ashley Brown, the two greatest people to have by your side when you need to prepare for a pageant. My first pageant was a brand new experience and I am beyond pleased with how I have grown as a person. Kindra and Ashley made me have more confidence, hope, laughter, and gratefulness for the journey. Every single day since winning my Miss Muscatine title, they have been available, day in and day out, on the good days and bad days. I can not wait for the next 7 months as you two have impacted my life in such an amazing way. Thank you both for all you have done in preparation for Miss Iowa. I am grateful for what I have learned.

Third, thank you to those who helped me for the process of the pageant, Legacy Group Pageant Consulting, Le Chic Prom and Pageantry, everyone on the Iowa pageant board and to my 16 new best friends (all Miss Iowa contestants), and my pageant sister Sophia Aguirre. Legacy, you have helped me prepare for interview and on stage question with such discipline and confidence, I would not be in the position I am today without you both. Le Chic, I have never felt so beautiful in a gown and such a different, unique gown, thank you so much for making me feel wonderful. Iowa pageant board, each one of you has been by my side and pushing me to grow as a person, without all the events, the talks, and just being a friend, my first experience would not have been as great. To my 16 new best friends, you each have impacted me in a different way, I am truly happy to have you each in my life, your smiles, laughter, courage, and beauty is something I will forever strive for. Thank you all for the amazing week, one I could never ever forget. Sophia, thank you for showing me the ropes, you have such beauty and shine like a star, you are a blessing to many. Also, congrats to Kelly Koch for becoming our new Miss Iowa! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you!

NOW, it's time for my AMAZING week. 7 days, about 5 hours of sleep a night, yet the memories are priceless.

DAY ONE: Show Us Your Shoes Parade and Crowns and Gowns





















 DAY TWO: Friendly House, Senior Star and Ridgecrest (Senior Living Homes). Greatest Grains for dinner and check out the Miss Iowa apartment with Taylor!










DAY THREE: Iowa City for a special, fun filled day at the UI Children's Hospital, Etiquette training session with Natasha Sottos and dinner at Biaggi's. I have to say, this day was my favorite: to see all of the Children's at the Hospital was amazing and I have a heavy heart for each of those children. 











DAY FOUR: Meet with Rotary and Fairytale Fashion Show










DAY FIVE: private interview, service project &lunch with Kiwanis! Then off to Antonella's for dinner!
It's prelim night #1 tonight...Swim and Talent!






















quote learned from Thursday: "The bigger the hair, the closer to God"

DAY SIX: packaging boxes to send to our military (filled with food, toiletries, and entertainment), helped bag meals for Kids Against Hunger and lastly, a lunch with Optimist Club, along with competing in evening gown and on stage question. 






















DAY SEVEN: Lil and Junior Miss Iowa Pageant
























God always has a plan and this is just part of your journey. Instead of focusing on all the bad, be thankful for all the good. Each day you have is a blessing from God. 

I could highly encourage anyone to step out of their comfort zone and do something spontaneous, to be courageous and make those memories you never thought you would have. Competing for a pageant was the last thing to do on my list, but I am thankful my sister and I made a bet to try it. I couldn't imagine myself doing anything other than this right now.

Thank you again to everyone who made this week amazing.
I pinky promise to still fulfill each day as the best Miss Muscatine.

Kaylee 

No comments:

Post a Comment