Monday, March 6, 2017

Small Things, Big Difference

In 2007, Sam Haskell the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Miss America Organization adopted the Children's Miracle Network as the national platform. Since that time, contestants in the Miss America Program have contributed tens of thousands of community service hours annually and have contributed over $15 MILLION for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. This partnership helps both the Miss America Organization as well as the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals continue to raise awareness across the country.

CMN partners with multiple organizations and businesses around the country to promote and raise funds for the hospitals. Tomorrow, March 7, is IHOP's National Pancake Day from 7 AM to 7 PM where IHOP will be serving free short-stack pancakes. March 20 is Dairy Queen's celebration of Children's Hospital Week with Free Cone Day. Both events appreciate donations to the Children's Miracle Network of $5 while enjoying your free food.

I will be attempting to make it to the Coralville IHOP tomorrow in between the numerous tests I have. I would appreciate everyone coming out and supporting the organization I am passionate about. 



Along with these events, I have participated in multiple other events throughout my involvement. Events such as Dance Marathon, Miss America Serves Day, and recently, the Disney Princess Half-Marathon have made my dedication to the Children's Miracle Network even more prominent. This is also a reason I have chosen to run the Chicago Marathon in October through Dance Marathon. #FortheKids



Every single year during Miss Iowa week, we have the wonderful opportunity to spend a day at the University of Iowa Children's Hospital, now the Stead Family Children's Hospital. After knowing a few kids (Kale and Shelby 💚) who have benefited through the Children's Miracle Network, I can only tell you the importance of fundraising so these kids can have everything they need. These kids go through something only few others can understand. My participation in the Miss America Organization and partnership with the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals has inspired me to become a pediatric oncologist so I can continue to help these kiddos fight and be strong. 


The money I raise will help save children’s lives and the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals makes sure that donated funds stay local. This means that your donation helps kids and families right here in our community. So as I continue to raise funds, I encourage you to donate at my donation page: http://www.missamericaforkids.org/Donate/maddisonlange. Furthermore, over my spring break I will be collecting cans to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Your donation does not have to be big, but everything helps to save a child's life. 

If you are debating on donating, think about the number of lives you can impact with a small donation. Here is your thought for the day and week:


No comments:

Post a Comment