Happy Tuesday!
I am so honored and excited to be the new Miss Muscatine 2013! I cannot wait to see what this year has in store! God has been guiding me every step of the way and it would truly be impossible without his unconditional love. This last weekend was a dream come true... Not only was I able to dance on stage for the first time in four years, but I was also able to advocate for and share my platform, Indulging In hope, with everyone I had the pleasure of meeting. Indulging In Hope is an opportunity to provide knowledge, support, and hope to all those affected by an eating disorder. Overcoming an eating disorder myself, I find it imperative to spread knowledge of this life threatening illness and also to offer an air of hope that an eating disorder does NOT define who you are. What an extraordinary opportunity becoming Miss Muscatine is. Along with promoting my platform during this year, I will also be able to work closely with the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals! This is seriously my dream job!! :-)
I do have a confession... with this being only my second pageant, I was absolutely TERRIFIED and unsure of what to expect. I felt inexperienced in this industry. However everyone at the pageant, including the other amazing contestants, made me feel right at home. Their kindness and genuineness demonstrated exactly what the Miss America Organization is all about. I am so blessed to be apart of this family! I ended up having the time of my life and meeting so many wonderful people. My first appearance will be next Sunday, January 20th in Muscatine. I am so excited and cannot wait to fill you all in!! Until then, I will be training for my talent (dance), and working on becoming a better ME every single day. I hope you have a wonderful week and be sure to watch Mariah Cary shine at Miss America 2013 on Saturday! She has a beautiful platform and heart. GO MARIAH!!!
I am so honored and excited to be the new Miss Muscatine 2013! I cannot wait to see what this year has in store! God has been guiding me every step of the way and it would truly be impossible without his unconditional love. This last weekend was a dream come true... Not only was I able to dance on stage for the first time in four years, but I was also able to advocate for and share my platform, Indulging In hope, with everyone I had the pleasure of meeting. Indulging In Hope is an opportunity to provide knowledge, support, and hope to all those affected by an eating disorder. Overcoming an eating disorder myself, I find it imperative to spread knowledge of this life threatening illness and also to offer an air of hope that an eating disorder does NOT define who you are. What an extraordinary opportunity becoming Miss Muscatine is. Along with promoting my platform during this year, I will also be able to work closely with the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals! This is seriously my dream job!! :-)
I do have a confession... with this being only my second pageant, I was absolutely TERRIFIED and unsure of what to expect. I felt inexperienced in this industry. However everyone at the pageant, including the other amazing contestants, made me feel right at home. Their kindness and genuineness demonstrated exactly what the Miss America Organization is all about. I am so blessed to be apart of this family! I ended up having the time of my life and meeting so many wonderful people. My first appearance will be next Sunday, January 20th in Muscatine. I am so excited and cannot wait to fill you all in!! Until then, I will be training for my talent (dance), and working on becoming a better ME every single day. I hope you have a wonderful week and be sure to watch Mariah Cary shine at Miss America 2013 on Saturday! She has a beautiful platform and heart. GO MARIAH!!!
"Strive to be a righteous person opposed to a perfectionist. A perfectionist attempts until perfection is met and is constantly finding disappointment. A righteous person performs his task until it is right and then moves on to the next task finding peace and joy in his accomplishments."
All my love,
Isabella
No comments:
Post a Comment