Thursday, January 24, 2013

Latest Appearances!!

Good Morning!!!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week, I know mine has been amazing and CRAZY!! Last weekend Anna (Miss Outstanding Teen) and I were emcee's at The Bridal Expo in Muscatine... What an amazing event! There were so many beautiful brides to be and a few brave gentlemen that joined them.  Thank you to everyone who took part in putting the show together!! So lovely.  Monday morning I joined Tony Tone from Vintage Radio (93.1) and was able to share with him my experience thus far being Miss Muscatine.  I had so much fun with him! He is an extremely funny, caring and light hearted man.  Such a pleasure to be around!  I do have a little secret... on my way to the radio show, I found myself driving around town oblivious to the station being RIGHT in front of me!! I felt so silly, but everyone was so helpful when I called.  At the end of the show, I was able to take pictures and talk with a few different people who make Vintage Radio so amazing.  I am so honored that they asked me to come back in February and shoot a 60 second PSA for my platform on eating disorders.  I am SO excited and cannot wait to have the opportunity to spread an air of hope over the radio!! Thank Vintage Radio for this memorable opportunity!

This week I had the honor of being apart of the Muscatine Capital Day.  I was able to meet a lot of special individuals that made this experience incredible.  One of the highlights was having someone drop their food in attempts to shake my hand and take a picture with me.  We laughed for what seemed like hours! :) There were many connections that I made that will allow me to voice my concern on eating disorders and get Indulging In Hope out into the communities.  I am anxious to pursue these connections and also help Senator Beall from Fortdodge, Iowa to work on passing a piece of Legislature concerning advanced treatment for eating disorders.  Senator Beall also gave me an honorary Iowa pin that is now on my sash and asked me to take an oath of not only serving Muscatine and our wonderful State, but also having fun while doing so.  What an extraordinary honor! I not only was able to spend time with the Muscatine Delegates, but I was also able to meet some of the Iowa Legislature.  The Iowa Majority Leader, Linda Upmeyer, was an absolute DOLL!! She had this glow about her and we could not help but enjoy each others company.  I was also able to spend a descent amount of time with the Mayor of Muscatine, DeWayne Hopkins, and talked about everything from the amazing Mariah Cary, to gun control and political matters.  The two of us had the opportunity of being blessed with the presence of a Veteran from WWII.  I then met with Representative Mark Lofgren where he introduced me to the House of Representatives at the beginning of their session.  WOW.  An extremely humbling experience! They all stood for me, thanked me for joining them and congratulated me.  This is a day I will never forget! As I was leaving, Representative Lofgren asked me if I would be interested in coming to speak to his wife's library classes at four different elementary schools.  I think I squealed when he asked me I was so excited! This is, IN FACT, my dream job.  I cannot thank everyone enough for all their love and support and for the Muscatine Board and community for making this possible.

Have a great weekend!!

Blessings,
Isabella


No comments:

Post a Comment