Saturday, June 1, 2013

Miss Iowa Week!



Happy June!! 

I cannot believe Miss Iowa week is here already.  All the preparation and hard work has certainly paid off.  Regardless of the outcome, I am so proud of how far I have come since being crowned Miss Muscatine.  What a TRUE blessings.  The people who have come into my life have become some of my best friends and second family.  Yesterday I was on the Muscatine Radio station (both AM and FM), where I was able to inform Muscatine on all the events leading up to Miss Iowa week and what to expect.  I cannot thank the Muscatine Community enough for all their love and support.  Vintage Sound Radio even gave me a t-shirt to rock during the week!! I also was able to create a relationship with such a special little girl named Riley.  She is a cancer survivor and one of the most beautiful little girls inside and out.  We had so much fun making a “Princess to-do” list and a “Princess’s never...” list.  One of my favorite that she said was “a Princess ALWAYS uses her manners”.  How precious! What a wonderful reminder of how delicate life is and what the Miss America Organization is all about.  Watching her face light up talking about being a Princess was priceless.  I love my job! Tonight is my last rehearsal for my talent.  I feel so blessed to be where I am today.  For those of you who do not know, I was hospitalized three years ago in March for one month due to an eating disorder.  Lying in a hospital bed, I prayed for God to restore my health and ability to dance.  Little did I know I would be dancing on the Miss Iowa stage at the Adler Theater only three years later.  God is so unpredictable, but oh so gracious.  I happen to love His sense of humor, even when it hurts.  I am reminded to praise and glorify Him on my weakest days, for they only make me stronger.  With that being said, I am beyond prepared for God’s plan for my life, whatever it may be.  I cannot wait for this week and opportunity to spread His love, light and HOPE.  I will do my best to keep updating throughout the week! 

Blessings,
Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment