Hello everyone!
My life has gotten a lot crazier since my last blog post. For one... I started my student teaching experience at Linn-Mar High School. Go Lions! It has been both terrifying and exciting all at the same time. At Linn-Mar, I work in the General Chemistry class which includes a mix of sophomores, juniors, and seniors. My cooperating teacher and I already have some great ideas for the semester, and it's only day three! These past couple of days have been a whirlwind but I am thrilled to see the teacher I become throughout the semester and to work with all these wonderful young scientists. Since I started student teaching, I realized how much time and effort it takes to get through just one day of high school--whew! I did not give my high school teachers enough credit... But now that I am on the other side, I definitely appreciate everything they did and more. I want to make a difference in these students lives and I know that I am 100% in the right profession to do so.
Lucky for me, four other members from my science education program are also at Linn-Mar student teaching, so we carpool everyday from Iowa City at 6:30 am. Because I have to leave Iowa City by 6:30 am, I have to wake up by at least 5:30 am to eat breakfast, get ready for the day, make a HUGE cup of coffee and drive to the meeting spot to leave. 5:30 am was a rude awakening at first but I'm getting used to it. Between the five of us, we take turns driving to Linn-Mar, conserving gas, and bouncing ideas off of one another. Within my first week at student teaching, I have already run a couple labs and started to take over one of the classes. In lab, we have done some min-explosions and worked with some seriously cool (but dangerous) acids. I'm looking forward to the rest of this year and getting to know the students.
Lately, I have been thinking about my goals for Miss Iowa. Thanks to all my sponsors, I have already made some decisions regarding Miss Iowa week and have begun my journey to the Miss Iowa stage! Just yesterday, I spent some time with our wonderful sponsors Jessica and Michelle from Legacy Pageant Consulting talking about my goals, what I hope to accomplish throughout my year, and reliving the Miss Muscatine crowning moment :) Our time allowed for reflection and discussion which is always important so that you can find ways to improve. After talking, I know what I want to work hard on and what I need to dedicate my time to. I plan to approach my goals at full speed these next coming months and I can't wait!
I have some exciting events and appearances coming up so stay tuned! Thanks for reading :)
XOXO
Kristen One
Miss Muscatine 2015

No comments:
Post a Comment