Fitness First!
Last night, I drove out to have my first visit
with Jon Hunt and 8one8 Fitness in the Quad Cities. Although the trip there
took me a little longer than I had hoped, Jon and I had a great meeting on my
next steps concerning fitness. I am excited to work with Jon and his team and
cannot wait to see the results. As a former gymnast, I have a pretty fast
metabolism (which is definitely nice) and a good work ethic when it comes to
staying fit, which is really important to me. Working with 8one8 Fitness these
coming months will keep me on my toes and push me to crank up the difficulty
level. As part of our consultation, Jon had me go through some various
exercises including lunges, squats, push-ups, sit-ups, and the oh-so dreaded
burpees. No one likes burpees… but I’m working on changing my mindset, so cross
your fingers for me! Maybe by the end of this year, burpees will be my favorite
exercise! Wouldn’t that be crazy? Anyway, we worked through the short circuit
just so he could get an idea of where I was at physically. As a student
teacher, the biggest obstacle for me is finding a time to work out. I haven’t
quite decided if working out BEFORE school at 5:00 am would be a better routine
for me or if sticking to my AFTER school work out around 6:00 pm. Luckily,
8one8 fitness specializes in at home workouts which means if I don’t make it to
the gym at 5:00 am OR 6:00 pm, I have no excuse to not do it in my own
apartment! Thank you to the Muscatine Scholarship Program for allowing us to
work with these phenomenal sponsors and an even bigger thank you to 8one8 for
taking us on! We actually have been lucky enough to be one of the first group
of clients to work out in the new location. Look up 8one8 Fitness to find out
information on their methods of training and the more!
http://www.8one8fitness.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment