On top of that, I have also accepted a job at my alma mater, Adlai E. Stevenson High School. The job search has been a long process but I have definitely found my perfect match. Stevenson is a one of kind school and when I told them about my dream to become the next Miss America and my journey to the Miss Iowa stage, they were incredibly supportive and encouraging. I couldn't believe it. What more could I ask for?! A job that I love, colleagues that are rooting for me, and an incredible school?! I could not feel more loved and supported going into Miss Iowa.
Last but not least, I graduated from the University of Iowa with my Master's of Arts in Secondary Science Education this past Friday. I DID IT! I seriously cannot believe it. The graduate commencement ceremony took FOREVER but was so worth it to hear my name called. I am so thankful for the very special people that could be there to witness my graduation. On top of that, I was surrounded by my fellow classmates, who constantly pushed me to be my best and encouraged me when I needed it. It was a very special day that I will never forget. Iowa has been home for the past five years and has given me an education that cannot be paralleled. Today, I am no longer a student at the University of Iowa. Today, I am Kristen One--the current Miss Muscatine, a Miss Iowa contestant, a science educator with a Bachelors of Arts in Chemistry and a Master's of Arts in Secondary Science Education (crazy to finally say), a graduate, and a forever Hawkeye. Here's to this next chapter!
Thank you thank you THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has made these past couple of weeks and milestones so incredibly special for me. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it and how humbled I am to have your support.
XOXO,
Kristen One
Miss Muscatine





No comments:
Post a Comment