Friday, January 15, 2016

Dream Big

I am a young woman who has the aspirations to dream big and make as many memories as possible!

Many people now know me as Miss Muscatine, but some people haven't met the real me, Kaylee Dawn Jones. Since I've won Miss Muscatine, I can now say I have a secret... the last time I competed in a pageant was the age of 6. I haven't had the confidence or courage to step out of my comfort zone and try a pageant again. With a little bit of help from my mother and my sister, I tried a pageant one more time. If you haven't experienced a pageant or an event where your nervous all rush to your stomach then you should expand those boundaries- it's one of the greatest feelings in the world (especially when you are finished). Needless to say, I love nothing more than to be following in the footsteps of my mother, as she was previously Miss Muscatine 24 years ago. I could not thank God enough for this opportunity, I have dreamt to be just like my mother in every way and this is just the first step in being an amazing woman like her! Back to the younger me... I'm 20 years old, oldest sister of 4. I have 3 younger sisters: Kendi (15), Kyra (14) and Kadence (5). I have lived in Muscatine my entire life, and been involved in plenty of activities growing up. Throughout high school I maintained on the honor roll, and graduated in 2013. I have been a leader for Key Club (volunteer committee), Silver cord, special olympics, volleyball, softball, track and dance. In high school, many of the students including myself were very involved in volunteer work which accounted to almost 300 hours by the time I graduated. After high school, I went to Muscatine Community College, where I received a softball scholarship for two years. At MCC, I was involved in softball program, National Honor Society and also gained time to ring in more volunteer hours. During my time at MCC, I stood out while having a ranked number of stolen bases in 2014 and 2015. This led me to get noticed by Quincy University (Division 2) where I now attend school and play softball. Along with these two accomplishments, I am trying to obtain my Exercise Science and Sports Management Degrees. Over time I have become more involved with exercising and living healthy which led me to the Blue Zone Project in Muscatine, YMCA programs, student training as well as other nutrition programs in Muscatine. I am happy to say, every step of my life has made me the person I am today, without this opportunity I wouldn't be able to share my knowledge and aspirations with you. As I look back now, there is nothing I would change. I love the position I am in now, I love the person I have become. If I had one word of advice to leave with you all today... it's "go confidently in the direction of your dreams", if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask any time of the day. 

More information on Blue Zone Project: https://iowa.bluezonesproject.com/


My platform: Living life to the fittest is meant to impact people to live their longest, healthiest, happier life. What I would like to do with my platform is impact hundreds if not thousands of people around the country. What we lack in todays society is the knowledge of what we are putting into our bodies and how it can affect us outside. I want to be the person that can change the lives of those around me. I want to inspire people and have those people come up to me and thank me for what i've done. As Miss Muscatine, I will impact people to be the best they can be. Remember, the best project you will ever work on is you!




As my Spring semester has started, I've thought more and more about all the work I will have to do for the semester. Not only will I have to handle school, homework and my grades but also softball, practice, and lifting plus who could forget all the fun activities I get to be involved in as Miss Muscatine. It will surely be a busy semester as well as year, but I am up for the challenge. As i've said before, I love to stay busy and love to stay involved. I would much rather have ten things on my plate at once than just one. As I'm planning out my semester, I have found myself already ahead of the game. I have started to work on my blog. I have been organizing more of what I need to work for Miss Iowa. I have finished my 8 week online class in just 1 week (I can say I had no free time this week but I am SOOO happy to be done with 1 class already). Also... I have planned out my homework to best meet my needs around softball. I will be busy but I am BEYOND excited!

I have been qualified to the Miss Iowa Pageant 2016 in June! I am beyond blessed to represent my town and community and to show my respect for everything they have done for me over the past 20 years! I am so happy to be able to share this journey with each and everyone of the people from Muscatine, as well as the people I get to meet along the way! One of the ways you can help me out is "like" my Facebook page, and also follow me on Instagram under, "missmuscatine2016". One of the ways you can also help is by donating to the Children's Miracle Network. The Miss America Organization is a great way to be involved in many children's lives. In order for me to get to Miss Iowa, I need to raise 250$! I would love nothing more than your support to help me on this amazing journey! If anyone has any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask! Thank you!
 http://missamericaforkids.org/Donate/kayleejones

Other social media sites you can follow me for more updates: 

https://www.facebook.com/missmuscatine2016/?pnref=story

https://www.instagram.com/missmuscatine2016/

A better look at my beautiful sisters.
The person most excited for me to win the pageant... only because I have a crown and am considered a princess.  :)  

Have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment