Monday, January 11, 2016

Positive Awareness

As a college student, I still stay active in school and in softball. Tonight, back in Quincy, Illinois, I had a team meeting with my softball team (Quincy Hawks at Quincy University), we talked about what lies ahead for 2016. After talking for about an hour, our coach gave us a mission for the year to help ourselves and help each other one the team. I wanted to share a part of the long quote my coach shared with me. I thought maybe you all could take this along with you throughout your day/ week.
"I believe I'm here for a reason and my purpose is greater than my challenges. I believe that being positive not only makes me better, it makes everyone around me better. So today and every day I will be positive and strive to make a positive impact on the world"

The Lady Hawks (Quincy Softball) and 11-year-old Sydney (located in the center) were matched up through Team IMPACT, an organization that pairs children facing life-threatening and chronic illnesses with local college athletic teams.
 
As Sydney takes part in many of the Lady Hawks' team functions, the Lady Hawks will join Sydney's support team as she continues her ongoing battle with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), the most common form of blood cancer found in children. For her treatment plan, Sydney is in a 12-week rotation where she does inpatient chemotherapy followed by outpatient recovery.

Sydney has a huge impact on the Quincy Softball, most often leaving us all with a smile on our face and always being positive no matter what position she may be in!

I am a huge lover of quotes and inspirational pictures! You will be seeing a lot of posts of which help me look at life in a more beautiful and brighter way. I hope I can impact others in the same way! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment