In case you don't already know...the 50th anniversary of Miss Muscatine is THIS WEEKEND! This weekend will be amazing, filled will people that I love, some amazing role models like former Miss America Mallory Hagan and previous Miss Muscatine's, and of course, the wonderful contestants competing for the title of Miss Muscatine and Miss Pearl City. While I am excited, I can barely believe that it has already been a full year since I won the title of Miss Muscatine 2015.
Now I'll be the first to admit it, I have been putting off my preparations for this weekend. Why? Because I know that after this weekend, there will be a new Miss Muscatine and my chapter with the Miss Iowa Scholarship program will be coming to an end. That being said, I wanted to take the time to say thank you to some very special people as well as share some of my favorite memories for one last time.
While I will be giving a farewell at the pageant, I definitely won't have time to thank everyone personally (unless you want to stay all night) so bare with me, this is a long list of thank you's.
First, my directors. Kindra and Ashley. Thank you
for everything that you do. You pushed me when I needed it and inspired me to
be at my very best. There is no way that I would have walked away with the
honor of first runner up without all of your love and support. Thank you for
taking me in and welcoming me with open arms to the Miss Muscatine family. While you will gain two new titleholders this weekend, I know that I will always be a part of the Miss Muscatine pageant. This year has been unforgettable and none of it would have been possible without you two. Thank you for also traveling all the way to Hoopeston, IL to watch me compete in the National Sweetheart Pageant. That week was one of the best weeks of my life and without you two it would not have been complete--especially because your late night house visits gave me a lot of laughter :) I
know that I will always be able to count on you for advice, to be cheering me
on in the audience, and for unconditional love. I hope that I made you proud this year, because winning the title of Miss Muscatine was such an honor.
Next, Michelle and Jess. I am so
thankful that pageantry has brought you two into my life. You two are quite the
duo and it was a blessing to have you on my team. Thank you from the bottom of
my heart. I would have never accomplished my personal goal of winning interview
at state without you. I know that I definitely put you two to the test while trying to balance grad school and Miss Iowa paperwork, but know that I am grateful because you two definitely know how to work the magic! Throughout this year, I always looked forward to our phone calls--whether you were grilling me on CNN updates or calling just to check in and let me de-stress--hearing your voices on the phone always brought a smile to my face. Since you are often behind the scenes, many do not know what a blessing you are. While my time here in Iowa is coming to an end, I know
that our countless phone calls and laughter will continue for a long time.
Stacy and Heather Delong. Thank you for being one of the first people to encourage me to run in the Miss Iowa Scholarship program and for helping my find the perfect dress. I have never felt more regal than the moment I walked on stage in my evening gown. I also need to thank you for coming to my rescue on the night of Miss Iowa finals when the Adler theatre flooded and I was a hot mess sobbing on the phone to them that my life was coming to an end (dramatic...I know...but it felt like it). You two have been so kind, loving, and I couldn't have competed for Miss Iowa or Sweetheart without you. I am so thankful to have such a great sponsor, but more than that, great friends.
To the rest of the Miss
Muscatine board and the many other sponsors including Mississippi Pearl
Photography, A New U Salon, 8one8, etc, thank you for being part of my year. I
am so thankful for all that you have done, and for allowing me to represent
Muscatine County.
My year was also extremely
special thanks to all the wonderful people in the Miss Iowa Scholarship
Program- both the state board, the other contestants, our hostesses, and all
the other local directors were so unbelievably welcoming and supportive. To me,
that is what sets this state apart from others. I’ve never had so much fun
during Miss Iowa week than I did this past year. While stressing out over
prelims and CNN, I constantly had a smile on my face and a sense of peace
knowing that whatever were to happen, the crown would be in the hands of a
great and capable woman with an amazing team to back her up.
While first runner up was an honor, there was some disappointment. I've talked about it in some of posts and to many of you individually. That being said, I never felt a hint of sadness or jealousy or anger, because our Miss Iowa Taylor Wiebers was simply amazing. Tay, thank you for being a great friend throughout Miss Iowa week, for keeping many of us laughing, and for standing there with me in the final two. You are extraordinary and you were meant for that crown 100%. I cannot wait to see where life continues to take you.
The Miss Iowa program also brought me many other wonderful friends. Jess, where do I start with you. You have been one of the greatest people that the Miss Iowa program has brought me. You are beautiful, intelligent, and caring. You have been there for me in some of my most needed times, and we will be forever friends. Maddison, thank you for being our constant source of sunshine. I cannot wait to see where your journey to Miss Iowa takes you this year.
Stace and Christy, my sister queens. Both of you have been so kind to share your year with me, and I am thankful for that. Stace, you are a beautiful and strong woman. Don't ever let anyone tell you anything different. I cannot wait to see where your life takes you now that you are married (still can't believe it) and teaching. Christy, can you believe it? Two Chicago kids both ended up in the Miss Iowa system?! Keep doing what you love and never give up on your dream of becoming Miss Iowa.
To the Miss Iowa Board, especially Leslie, Rachael, and Shauna. Thank you for welcoming a newbie to the state of Iowa and for always offering advice and answering my crazy questions. Above all, thank you for giving me the opportunity to represent the state of Iowa at the National Sweetheart Pageant. While I had an amazing year, getting to represent that state of Iowa before I leave was the cherry on top of an already pretty perfect year.
To my friends and family who have been there throughout this year, thank you, I couldn't have done it without you. I love you and I am so lucky to have you in my life.
To my friends and family who have been there throughout this year, thank you, I couldn't have done it without you. I love you and I am so lucky to have you in my life.
As I sit here and type, I can’t help but reflect on this past year and
smile. It has been a wild ride, and the people that have been a part of it have
made it even sweeter. I am so thankful for each and every one of you who have
been a part of my journey. You have truly touched me. Being part of the Miss
Iowa Scholarship Program has taught me so much; about integrity, humility,
friendship, perseverance, and strength. Thank you to every single person who has been a part of my journey, who knows? Maybe we will meet again. So for the last time, I am Kristen One, your Miss Muscatine 2015.
"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire."
XOXO
Kristen One
P.s. I hope to see you this weekend! (I'll probably be crying...but I still hope to see you there!)
P.s. I hope to see you this weekend! (I'll probably be crying...but I still hope to see you there!)











No comments:
Post a Comment