Since I last wrote, I lot has happened! It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I have been on the go 24/7! For starters, I had my first big girl job interview at a high school! I was definitely nervous, but went in prepared and excited for the opportunity. The interview went extremely well and I'm sure that my experiences through pageantry helped equip me for the interview process. I felt really good about it which was such a relief. The science directors were so generous and kind which made it really easy to talk about my passion for teaching about science!
I also have been studying for my content exam in chemistry. This test heavily weighted in chemistry, as well as physics, biology, space and the universe, and more. I had to look into all my old chemistry classes including Organic chem, Physical Chem, and Analytical Chem to prepare for this test. Unfortunately my exam fell on the same day as Miss Cedar Valley so I was unable to attend. But the good news is.... I passed! I was so thrilled and it was such a great way to start spring break!
After passing, I picked up two of my best friends from campus, and we headed to Chicago. Once we got home, my parents surprised me with this! They are seriously the greatest!
My friends and I enjoyed spending time together, celebrating, and relaxing in each others company. It was such a wonderful night. The next morning, we got up and spent the day together before getting my friends ready to head to the airport! Both of them were taking off from O'hare and heading to New Zealand! They are such wonderful people, and I know that while they teach in New Zealand, that they will impact a ton of young minds. I am excited for them, but of course will miss them dearly! Bye Nicole and Holly!
Now if that wasn't already a big enough weekend, I also have made great strides in my thesis. Being a graduate student, this thesis is a big deal and I am so excited to say that it is on a topic that I am so excited about. My platform and thesis have made large strides by getting in contact with STEM Americorps, Iowa Mentoring Partnership, Million Women Mentors- Iowa, and the Governors STEM Advisory Council. I can't wait to share more about my platform and thesis as it comes together! Although writing a thesis takes time, I know that at the end of this, I will be proud of it.
Now that my spring break has started, I finally have some time to get a little extra sleep, a little more work done, a little more planning started, AND some grading (of course). I also am taking a short mommy-daughter trip to Flordia starting tomorrow which I am extremely excited about. But, with Miss Iowa approaching, I will continue prepping and practicing! Hard work always pays off!
Have a wonderful week! Enjoy the sunshine!
XOXO
Kristen One
Miss Muscatine




No comments:
Post a Comment